Whether you wish to join a lineage society or you ARE a lineage society and need help, HistoryGenies is here.
Joining a Lineage Society
We have the experience and society-specific training to complete applications for the two strictest lineage organizations in America:
* Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
* General Society of Mayflower Descendants (The Mayflower Society)
We have also completed successful applications for numerous smaller and specialty organizations, including: The Winthrop Society, U.S. Daughters of 1812, Colonial Dames of the XVII Century, Guild of Colonial Artisans and Tradesmen 1607-1783, Sons/Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Descendants of Cape Cod and the Islands, Soule Kindred in America, Association Daughters of Early American Witches, and others. Regular on-site research is available in Washington, D.C. and Arizona. Arrangements can be made for on-site research elsewhere as well.
Please Note: The one thing we cannot do is help you join a society for which you do not qualify. However, we can help you examine your family's history for a group that would be right for you.
Running a Lineage Society
As a trained, experienced research historian, Dr. Maura Mackowski and HistoryGenies can assist with:
* Initial screening of applications
* Review and final approval of applications to your standards
* Reducing your backlog of pending applications
* Researching issues with problem ancestral lines
* Writing for your journal or newsletter
* Historical research and writing in support of your genealogical organization's mission and goals.